Thursday, February 18, 2010

We got a Bird

So my husband and I have been thinking of adding another pet into our lives, and somehow a bird got thrown into the mix. We can't have a cat, the pugs would hate it, and no reptiles or amphibiens. Also, my hubby has a way of killing any fish in the vicinity, and not hamsters or other furry rodent creatures. So a bird, and not just a little parakeet or finch or anything, a parrot. A Quaker Parrot, like a fat parakeet who needs more attention.
So Ralph is our 3 month old Quaker, and we take him to the avian vet today. I really like playing with him, but I just don't know how to play with a bird. We are working on the up command and getting him in and out of the cage safely. He plays with his toys in the cage by himself, he eats regularly and enough, I just don't know the best way to bond and interact with him.
I talk to him all the time, and he will squeak back at me, and the pugs cry at him from the floor, and he mimics their cries.

In knitting news I finished my mother in laws February Lady sweater, so all I have to do is take pictures, wrap it up and hand it over. So after having such and easy time making her sweater, I have started one for myself. Same yarn, only mine is bright green, and mine will have longer sleeves and be a bit smaller. Hopefully I will get some pictures taken of my finished projects, and little Ralphie.

0 comments: